Raise your hand if you love veggie noodles? Do you see my hand waving high in the sky? I am a huge fan of vegetable noodles and love making them with zucchini, squash, carrots and even beets. My other weakness are spicy Thai noodles from our local Thai restaurant. I love getting to combine my favorite “cheat day” flavors with my goal to eat more vegetables and that is exactly what this these 10 minute Thai veggie noodles do.
I am going to add a small disclaimer to the 10 minute part of the recipe name. I like my veggie noodles to be firmer with a little crunch vs really soft. If you prefer them a little softer, you may have to make these like 12 minute Thai noodles to get the added softness. It will come down to personal preference.
Ingredients for 10 Minute Thai Veggie Noodles:
4 carrots, spiralized
2 tsp oil
1 zucchini, cut into small pieces
1 red pepper, sliced
2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 Tbsp sesame oil
3 Tbsp peanut butter
3 tsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp raw honey
Let’s Make It:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large pan, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add veggie noodle and cook, tossing frequently for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until noodles are desired softness.
3. Remove from heat and add sauce to pan and toss to coat noodles. Serve topped with chopped cilantro, peanuts and sesame seeds.
This recipe is awesome because it super quick but also very versatile. We will have it as our main meal sometimes, a side dish to grilled chicken other times and even with protein tossed in very a third option. You could also switch around the vegetables and make the noodles out of zucchini and toss in cut up carrots instead.
What are your favorite veggie noodles?
Essential Items for this Recipe:
Spiralizer // Mixing Bowls // Chef’s Knife // Whisk // Chopsticks
- 4 carrots, spiralized
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Add veggie noodle and cook, tossing frequently for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and red pepper and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until noodles are desired softness.
- Remove from heat and add sauce to pan and toss to coat noodles. Serve topped with chopped cilantro, peanuts and sesame seeds.
Maggie@ Maggie Lois says
These thai noodles look amazing, pinning so I can give them a try soon! Stopping by from Pink Heels Pink Truck link party, have a great week!
I think I’m going to have to get a spiralizer now. This recipe looks so delicious, and healthy! Thanks for sharing!
Italian Belly says
This looks absolutely delicious. So happy I got myself a spiralizer! #familyjoy
This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing at Over the Moon. We look forward to seeing you again next week.
Alison's Allspice says
This is a great way to load up on veggies, I like them to be firm as well! Your sauce looks great too! I found you at What’s Cookin Wednesday!
Smiling Notes says
I’ve always wanted to try out spiralizing my veggies since they look so beautiful and delicious! Loved this easy recipe! Thanks for joining us at the Family Joy Blog link up party! Pinned 🙂
I love finding recipes like this one! It’s simple, orginal and it sounds so good! It is certain that I will try this recipe this week, all the family will enjoy! Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for sharing this at the #HomeMattersParty! I’m always looking for quick recipes for during the week. I’ll have to add this one to my list. A 10 minute meal-perfect!
Kimm Boes says
Those look amazing. I just started the veggie noodle thing and love it. Any recommendations on a good spiralizer?
Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.
Miz Helen says
We are going to love these noodles! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!
Delish! This looks fantastic definitely going to make it for #meatlessmonday here soon-
This looks delicious! My family would love it! Would be great with tofu as well for some protein.
Thanks for linking up at #bloggerspotlight
Kriska Marie says
This looks absolutely gorgeous! I bet it’s delicious too! Thanks for sharing it over at Food Friday. Excited to see what you’ll be sharing next! 🙂
Jaxx The Bearded Hiker says
Pinned this. This looks like a perfect summer supper dish when you don’t want to heat up the house.