I love all of the bright and cheery green that comes along with St. Patrick’s Day. It is a great primer for Spring! Of course, that extends into food too which is why I am such a fan of these St. Patrick’s Day Marshmallow Pops. They are absolutely one of the easiest things you will ever make but are so cute and delicious. These are a great idea to do with the kids for a fun St. Patrick’s Day activity. You only need a few ingredients to get them made: marshmallows, chocolate melts and sprinkles. I use lollipop sticks most of the time but you could also use some fun toothpicks for the marshmallows.
- 6-8 Regular Marshmallows
- ½ C. Green Wilton Candy Melts
- Wilton white nonpareil sprinkles
- Heat the candy chips by microwaving for 30 seconds. Stir well. If any of the candy chips are not melted, heat in 10 second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted.
- Insert a lollipop stick or toothpick in each marshmallow.
- Dip and roll the marshmallows into the melted candy chips so that the marshmallow is about 1/2 covered. Lay the marshmallows on wax paper.
- Once all marshmallows are dipped and sprinkle with nonpareils. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to set.
- I purchased felt St. Patty's day Shamrock stickers in the craft section at Joann Fabrics and put a toothpick on the back and then put an identical sticker on the back to 'sandwich' the toothpick.
This post is shared at the list of fabulous parties found here.