Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear readers! I am thankful for all of you and hope your day is filled with laughter, happiness, family and friends.
One thing I am pretty sure it is filled with: food…and lots of it. If your house is like mine, there is always way too much food. So, I am sharing five ideas of how to transform the leftovers into new meals so that the food doesn’t go to waste but you don’t get stuck in a turkey rut either.
|[101 Cookbooks], [Crepes of Wrath], [Culinary in the Desert]|
1) Got leftover pumpkin that didn’t make it into one of your pies? How about giving Thai-spiced pumpkin soup a try.
2) You’ve probably got lots of turkey and maybe a little cranberry sauce left. Throw it together and make a Thanksgiving sandwich.
3) Maybe you didn’t quite finish off the ham at dinner. Cut it up and make asparagus ham lasagna.
|[Moms Who Think], [Have Recipes, Will Cook]|
4) Shepard’s pie is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
5) Leftover sweet potatoes can be transformed into a new main dish by adding some black beans and avocado.
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.