Wow, December is really flying by! I am so excited for Christmas but am totally having trouble dealing with the wait. Good thing I have been keeping myself busy. One thing I’ve been excited to do this Christmas season is to be part of Nap-time Creations‘ A Crafty Christmas event! So, if you are visiting from Nap-time Creations, welcome!
Emily has done an amazing job gathering together bloggers to share posts on themes like gifts, music, food, decorations and having a Christ centered Christmas. Today, I am sharing with you a wonderful Christmas cooking recipe that has become a favorite in our home: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Scotchies.
Now, even though I am not a big baker, I love cookies. They are a little more forgiving than a lot of baked goods. Plus, my kids love cookies making them a great option.
These cookies are a great combination of chocolate chips, butterscotch and oatmeal. Soft and chewy, these cookies will keep you coming back for another.
What You’ll Need:
1 1/4 cups flour, unsifted
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups quick oats
6 oz butterscotch morsels
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate ships
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
3) Beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla with a mixer until full combined.
4) Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
5) Stir in quick oats and chips.
6) Spoon rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
7) Once done, let cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute and then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Ok, grab a glass a milk and cookie and enjoy!