Chocolate covered strawberries are my absolute favorite treat. I love getting them for Valentine’s Day because they are my special treat for the holiday. Every year, we order chocolate covered strawberries from the candy store. It is super expensive and, although they are so delicious, I decided to try something different this year and create some chocolate strawberry hearts.
These chocolate covered strawberry hearts are so easy to make are way less expensive than the fancy ones you get from the store. I love their little heart shape because it is so perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- 6 strawberries
- 1 cup Ghiradelli dark or milk chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup Ghiradelli white chocolate wafers
- Sliced strawberries lengthwise down the middle. Lay the two pieces together to form a heart. Push toothpick through the middle of the two pieces.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the strawberry into dark chocolate and lay onto parchment lined baking sheet. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle white chocolate over the strawberries.
- If chocolate is not melted after initial time in the microwave, heat in 10 second increments until fully melted.
I used Ghiradelli chocolate for my strawberries but you could use any of your favorite brands. Before the dark chocolate fully sets, remove the toothpick from the center.
I honestly ate about half of these when I was making them. I will definitely be making them again for Valentine’s Day instead of hitting up our normal store.
What is your favorite Valentine’s Day dessert? Do you go out to eat or make dinner and dessert at home?
If you are looking for another Valentine’s Dessert idea, check out this recipe for tres leche heart shaped cakes.
This post is shared at the list of fabulous parties found here.