Football tailgating always means one thing: buffalo chicken! Of course, you’ll find buffalo chicken and wings but these buffalo chicken cups are the perfect little one bite appetizer to offer at your next tailgate of Superbowl party!
I make these super fast because I use my Kitchenaid mixer to shred the chicken once it is cooked. You can even grab a rotisserie chicken and use that in place of cooking and shredded your own chicken.
My store keeps the filo (phyllo) cups in the freezer section. I have also seen them on the baking aisle too.
Once these are assembled, they are the perfect little one bite appetizer. I frequently double the recipe to make sure I have plenty.
I use ranch on the top of mine but, if you are a blue cheese fan, you can substitute that with blue cheese dressing instead.
If you like these buffalo chicken cups, be sure to try these:
Buffalo Chicken Cups
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups hot sauce
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 30 Filo Cups
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
1) Start by cooking your chicken. You can do this just about any way you want. I cooked mine in the crockpot with a few stalks of celery, a handful of carrots and some water. Once your chicken is cooked, shred it.
2) Mix the chicken with the hot sauce.
3) Put a few pieces of the crumbed blue cheese in the bottom of each of the filo cups.
4) Fill the cups with the shredded chicken mixture and then top with a drizzle of ranch dressing.