This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
Stay in this Valentine’s Day and enjoy a slice of rosa sauce penne pizza. This pizza recipe is extra delicious and perfect for a fun night in.
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I’ve been trying to decide what to do. I know what I didn’t want to do: battle the crowds to go out to eat and have to spend a lot of extra money on the fancy, prix fix menu options. So, we decided to stay in and cook. The biggest question: pizza or pasta? So, I combined both and made this rosa sauce penne pizza.
The star of this pasta pizza is a blend of Bertolli Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic and Bertolli® Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese. Mixing the two sauces creates the best Rosa Sauce that is full of delicious flavor.
I used penne pasta for my Valentine’s Date Night pasta pizza but you could use rigatoni or any other short cut pasta shape. Be sure to cook it a minute or two short of al dente since it will continue to cook with the pizza crust.
I used an equal amount of each of the Bertolli Sauces but you could play with the measurements a little bit if you prefer one over the other.
To make this Valentine’s Day dinner super easy, we used a pre-made refrigerated pizza crust. Other options include you favorite store bought pizza crust or even a delicious homemade version. Just be sure that it isn’t too thick as it will take longer to cook.
This pizza got rave reviews from my friends when I did a test fun before the big Valentine’s date night I have coming up. Be sure to enter your zip code here to find out where to buy the Bertolli Sauces locally.
If you love this rosa sauce pasta pizza recipe, be sure to try these other great recipes using Bertolli Sauces:
- Creamy Rosa Caprese Gnocchi with Blistered Tomatoes
- Sausage, Peppers and onions with Creamy Rosa Polenta
- Rosa Shrimp & Asparagus Spaghetti
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- One Pot Shrimp Marinara
If you make this rosa sauce penne pizza or any recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
Rosa Sauce Penne Pizza
Rosa sauce penne pizza is the perfect combination of pasta and pizza for when you can't decide between the two.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1 cup Bertolli Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- 1 cup Bertolli Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, Italian sausage, crumbled
- 2/3 cup shedded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- Cook pasta according to package directions, subtracting 2-3 minutes from the time for al dente. Drain.
- Stir Bertolli Marinara and Alfredo sauces into hot pasta. Stir in Italian sausage.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pizza crust on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread pasta onto prepared pizza crust. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until crust is done and top is browned. Spoon additional rosa sauce on top if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 453Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 920mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
[…] Rose Sauce Penne Pizza […]