This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®.
Cajun chicken Alfredo gets lightened up with an easy substitute of a lighter sauce and vegetable noodles. If you are looking for all the amazing taste of the original but with less calories, you have to this Cajun chicken Alfredo recipe.
Sunday dinners are our time to reconnect and get together before our busy week begins. We frequently use this time to enjoy one of our favorite pasta dishes. Recently, we’ve tried to lighten up some of our favorites and this Cajun chicken Alfredo recipe is one of our absolute favorites from those attempts.
Bertolli recognizes the importance of Sunday Suppers and has created #BertolliSundaySupper calendar reminders (sign up here) to give you weekly inspiration with new recipes, DIY crafts and cooking tips & tricks. Plus, Bertolli sauces are the perfect starter for all of your Sunday Suppers allowing you to relax with friends and family while enjoying an amazingly delicious meal.
I am totally in love with the new Bertolli Cauliflower and Milk Creamy Alfredo sauce. It has all the delicious taste of the Bertolli brand’s Alfredo sauce but with half the fat and calories. With a combination of cauliflower, fresh milk, and aged Parmesan, the sauce is the perfect way to help lighten up a favorite recipe or try something new.
Using a pre-made sauce from a trust brand like Bertolli means I can serve my friends and family a delicious meal without a lot of extra work. It gives me more time to enjoy time with my family at Sunday Supper versus standing over the stove.
For this recipe, I swapped the traditional pasta with zucchini noodles. You can definitely serve it with a penne pasta or similar if you want though.
You can make the chicken for this recipe two ways: in the oven or on the stove. I typically do it in the stove because then I can cook everything in one pan but the oven makes for easy hands off cooking. If you want to go the oven route, place the peppers and chicken in a casserole dish and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
The peppers for this recipe add a great texture. My husband actually likes to leave them out but I think they are a really great addition. Definitely try it both ways and see what your family prefers.
If you try this Lighter Cajun Chicken Alfredo, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #MySuburbanKitchen and #BertolliSundaySupper on Instagram or Twitter.
Also, be sure to sign up for the #BertolliSundaySupper calendar invites to get tons of inspiration to help you make and keep Sunday Suppers a routine in your life.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 6 chicken breasts, about 6 oz each
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups zucchini noodles
- 1 jar Bertolli Cauliflower and Milk Alfredo Sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for Cajun seasoning. Rub over chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to plate.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan and add peppers. Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to plate with chicken.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in pan. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Reserve 3 Tbsp Bertolli sauce.
- Add zucchini noodles and remaining Bertolli sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve chicken and peppers on top of zucchini noodles. Top with reserved Bertolli sauce.