Whoa…where did that brisk fall weather come from? I blinked and we went from early October to November! I can’t believe we are so close to the holidays already. I’m keeping warm with bowls of delicious paleo chicken sausage stew. It is the perfect thing to have on a brisk, fall day.
This stew is pretty much a everything but the kitchen sink type of recipe. I was trying to clean out the refrigerator before trash day and kept tossing things into the pot. The result is a delicious and hearty stew that fits perfectly into any paleo (or non-paleo) diet.
Paleo Chicken Sausage Stew Ingredients:
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 package chicken sausage, sliced
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 cups chopped kale and cabbage mix (I used the Trader Joe’s version)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
3 cups chicken broth
Let’s Make It:
1) Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes. Add onion and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until softened.
2) Add remaining ingredients to the pot and cook for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is so simple and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. You could even toss everything but the kale mix into a crockpot on the way out of the door in the morning and come home to a delicious dinner. Just keep it on low and then add the kale about 20 minutes before you want to eat. Yum!
Oh, and this recipe tastes even more amazing the following day after the flavors have all hung out together in the bowl for awhile. So, be sure to pack some leftovers for lunch and make your co-workers or whoever may be nearby jealous.
Have you been enjoying soups and stews now that the weather is cooler? Do you like to make soups and stews on the stove or in the slow cooker?
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 package chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chopped kale and cabbage mix (I used the Trader Joe’s version)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes. Add onion and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and cook for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
This stew looks amazing! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Karly recently posted…Maple Bacon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Quinn Caudill says
Great looking stew Shannah. Thanks for sharing at #Throwback Thursday. Please join us again and remember this week will focus on Thanksgiving recipes.
Quinn Caudill recently posted…Sweet Potato Muffins