One pan pork Marsala is a quick and easy take on the classic chicken Marsala recipe. One pot recipes like this one are so perfect for busy weeknight meals and come packed with traditional Italian flavors and a bonus of being ready in 30 minutes or less.
During the week, our schedule is absolutely insane. So, I need recipes that are easy and fast to make sure my family still gets a home cooked meal versus delivery from some local restaurant. We are big chicken marsala fans but I rarely have the time to create one of our classic Italian favorites at home. Right now, one pan meals, like this one pan pork marsala, are my savior.
One pan meals are awesome because, not only do they cook fast but the clean up is simple too! The flavor for this one pan pork marsala is even more amazing because I start with Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is available in a variety of fresh cuts, including loin filets, sirloins, tenderloins, and roasts with flavors like Roasted Garlic & Herb, Slow Smoked Mesquite, Sweet Teriyaki, Applewood Smoked Bacon, and more. It is so versatile and can even be sliced or cubed, as I do in this recipe, to cook it even faster or for use in even more recipes!
One of the key ingredients for any marsala recipe is mushrooms. I use cremini mushrooms because they offer a great, earthy flavor. If you can’t find those, you can easily use white or button mushrooms as a substitute.
A traditional Italian Marsala is typically made with chicken cutlets and never served with pasta. However, most of the Italian-American versions come with some form of pasta on the side.
To make this an easy weeknight dish, I went with a one pot pasta recipe that features all the flavors of a class Marsala but with pork instead of chicken…and, of course, pasta.
I use linguine pasta because it always holds up well in a one pan recipe. Feel free to substitute spaghetti or a short cut pasta like ziti but keep in mind you will need to short the cooking time.
This one pan marsala recipe is perfect with a simple side salad and some fresh bread to make a complete meal. It also makes a lot which is perfect for feeding a crowd or planning leftovers for the next day.
This dish is so full of flavor and tastes like you simmered the sauce for hours. But, it is all ready in less than 30 minutes and only takes one pan to make! Talk about a win-win for weeknight meals!
If you like this recipe for one pan pork Marsala, be sure to try these other great one pan recipes:
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Zoodles
- One Pan Dirty Rice Skillet
- One Pan Italian Chicken
- Balsamic Chicken Vegetable Skillet
- One Pan Sausage Alfredo Pasta
If you make this one pan pork Marsala or any other recipe from the blog, I’d love to hear about your experience. Let me know in the comments or snap a photo and tag it #mysuburbankitchen on Instagram or Twitter.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Roasted Garlic & Herb Sirloin, cubed
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Marsala Wine
- 12 oz linguine
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large pan. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to soften. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional one minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pork and brown on all sides. Pour in chicken broth and marsala. Add pasta and stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover. Stir in mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and grated Parmesan. Remove from heat and top with chopped parsley.