We are all about chips and dip in this house. My son is a huge guacamole fan and eats it all the time. We also love creamy dips. Right now, though, our favorite is this grapefruit avocado salsa that uses the best of spring produce to give it tons of flavor.
This salsa is perfect for chips or little crackers too. I used pink grapefruit but a ruby red grapefruit would be great too. I will make this ahead of time and just wait to add the avocado just before serving.
Ingredients for Grapefruit Avocado Salsa:
2 grapefruit, peeled and cut into small pieces
1/2 red onion, diced
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
Let’s Make It:
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
This salsa is so perfect for parties as a dip or even on top of fish tacos. I made it and used it over grilled chicken the other night and got rave reviews so the possibilities are really endless with this recipe!
What are your favorite spring recipes? Have you tried fruit salsa in place of a traditional tomato based salsa?
Essential Items for this Recipe:
- 2 grapefruit, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.