I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy as a Gold Emblem Super Bowl Party Host. I am being sponsored to help lead this campaign, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Have you recovered from the aftermath of the BIG game? Between all of the talks about the plays, the commercials and, of course, the food, I think I have finally covered all the topics I wanted to discuss with friends about the big game. My favorite topic: the food. And, even though the party is over, there are plenty other games in other sports to come so I wanted to share my top 10 sports party foods based on what we had at my Super Bowl party.
We had a bunch of friends over to watch the game and I had so much fun coming up with a menu. If you remember, great food was one of the 5 things that I consider a MUST for the Super Bowl. I like to combine prepackaged items with homemade things to make putting the party together easy while still offering delicious snacks.
1) Crunchy snacks like chips, crackers, and popcorn are always a favorite in our house. There is just something about the crunch that is irresistable. Whether eaten alone or with a dip, they are perfect party fare. At our party, I served CVS Gold Emblem pretzel sticks and whole grain crackers. Both were a big hit!
2) Buffalo Chicken something…this time it was delicious buffalo chicken meatball sliders. I even made the blue cheese dressing from scratch! Yummy! Of course, buffalo chicken bites or buffalo chicken dip are always winners too.
3) Seven layer dip. We actually had two at our party because a guest brought a delicious one too. Again, the dip reinforces the need for crunchy snacks like chips and pretzels.
4) Bacon. I serve mine in the form of candied cayenne bacon and then I step back to watch it disappear.
5) Non-alcoholic drinks. Sure, most everyone loves a good beer or wine but, as the party wears on, you probably want to offer some non-alcoholic items too. I like to keep sparkling water with a little fruit flavor around as an alternative to plain water. The Gold Emblem pomegranate blueberry is my current favorite.
6) Kid friendly fare. Two things that will always be at a kid friendly party in our house: chicken nuggets and chocolate chip cookies. They are always winners with the littles.
7) Something sweet. Kids aren’t the only ones who like their sweets. While the savory food tends to be the bigger hit, I always make sure I have something sweet too like my three ingredient TWIX dip.
What are your favorite party snacks? Do you like to mix easy, pre-made items with recipes you make from scratch?