I am so excited to partner with Bear Creek Country Kitchens® to bring you this easy meal idea. Although this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
February always seems to be the month for snow days in our part of the country. We get bitter cold weather with lots of wind and snow. Of course, snow days are perfect for a warm bowl of Cheddar Broccoli soup paired with a delicious shaved Brussels sprouts salad.
I love a good soup and salad combination because it gives me the best of both worlds. With Bear Creek® Soup Mixes, I can easily get both to the table in 20 minutes which is perfect for busy weeknights or as we are rushing to get ready for weekend activities. The Bear Creek Soup mixes are super easy prepare too so I can get the kids involved with helping prep for the meal. The Bear Creek Soup mixes are available in family sized bags with 8 one cup servings or in convenient, individual-sized to-go bowls. Either way, they are made with only the highest quality ingredients and Bear Creek Country Kitchens’ special blend of spices.
Brussels sprouts are an awesome winter vegetable that can be used in so many ways. Here, in this shaved Brussels sprouts salad, you don’t even need to cook them!
Ingredients for Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad:
2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
1 apple, julienned
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup slivered almonds
3 tsp Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Let’s Make It:
1. In a small bowl, toss together the apple pieces with 1 tsp lemon juice. Drain lemon juice from bowl.
2. In another bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined.
3. In a large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, apple pieces and dressing. Top with slivered almonds.
This salad goes perfectly with a warm bowl of Cheddar Broccoli soup from Bear Creek Country Kitchens®. On the night we made it, I had my daughter whisk in the soup mix and then help me toss the salad. I love getting the kids involved in the kitchen because then they are much more likely to actually eat things they help make.
Right now, Bear Creek Country Kitchens wants to send one lucky winner on the trip of a lifetime through their The Great Bear Creek Getaway sweepstakes. One winner and three guests could win a $10,000 grand prize including:
- Four roundtrip flights
- A seven-night stay at the River Stone Resort and Bear Paw Suites (a popular family destination built on the Fall River in Estes Park within the Rocky Mountains)
- $1,500 spending money
- A prize basket
To enter, simply visit here and enter before March 31, 2017!
- 2 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 apple, julienned
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, toss together the apple pieces with 1 tsp lemon juice. Drain lemon juice from bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients until well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, apple pieces and dressing. Top with slivered almonds.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bear Creek Soup Mixes.