I am thrilled to partner with Smithfield to bring you this recipe. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Now that school is out and the weather is gorgeous, we take every chance we get to spend time outside as a family. That includes enjoying meals, like sausage tater tot kabobs, outside.
In true, breakfast for dinner style, we’ve paired up Smithfield Hometown Original Fresh Breakfast Sausage links with tater tots to make super fun kabobs! The Smithfield sausage is made with premium quality pork, are gluten free and contain no MSG, so I feel good adding this breakfast staple to my family’s meals!
Before starting to prep these, be sure to soak your wood skewers in water. This will prevent them from scorching when placed on the grill or in a hot oven.
I typically cut each of the Smithfield Hometown Original Fresh Breakfast Sausage links when building my kabobs but you can definitely leave them whole too!
While our sausage tater tot kabobs cook, my family loves to play games of outdoor tic tac toe. We created our own board using burlap, rocks and a little outdoor craft paint.
I have yet to win a game against by daughter but that is ok. I love just spending the time as a family outdoors!
Smithfield wants to make it easy for everyone to enjoy the warm days with fun activities, tips and tricks, and delicious food, perfect for a day outside. You can visit their website for tons of recipes using their vast porfolio of products.
- 1 package Smithfield Hometown Original Fresh Breakfast Sausage links
- 24 Tater Tots thawed
- 1 Green pepper cut into chunks
- 12 Bamboo Skewers
1. Cover bamboo skewers with water and soak for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut each of the Smithfield breakfast sausage links in half.
3. Thread tater tots, sausage pieces and green pepper chunks onto each skewer.
4. Cook on grill on in oven for 10-15 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked and tater tots are crisp.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield.