This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetSaucy #CollectiveBias
I love pizza. In fact, my whole family are huge pizza fans. We all like different toppings on our pizza but we can always agree that pizza would make a perfect dinner. I like to make mini pizzas because it allows everyone to customize their toppings and get just the right amount to eat. Since I have started focusing on a mostly Paleo diet, I don’t usually eat the pizza on pizza night. But, on our last one, I decided to make primal mini pizzas so I could have some pizza too.
A primal diet is pretty similar to Paleo but it allows you to have a few extra things like cheese. Pizza just isn’t the same without a little bit of cheese! One of the hardest things to find is a good sauce for primal pizzas though. I found that the Francesco Rinaldi traditional no salt added pasta sauce totally works though! It is low carb and gluten free which really helps it fit into my eating plan. It is made with great ingredients and has a long family history here in the US so it is the perfect shortcut for me as a home cook.
Ingredients for Primal Mini Pizzas:
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
1/4 cup cashew meal
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2/3 cup Francesco Rinaldi Traditional No Salt Added Sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
2) In a large bowl, combine beef through pepper. Mix with hands. Press into thin patties and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
3) Remove “crusts” from oven and divide sauce between them. Add any desired toppings, excluding cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheesy is melted and bubbly.
These mini pizzas were so delicious. Mathlete was even eyeing them because he is a total meat lover. I will definitely be making these again since I picked up two jars of the Francesco Rinaldi sauce from Walmart while I was there.
How do you eat your pizza? Do you like to get creative with pasta sauce? Follow @FrancescoSauce on twitter for tons of great ideas!
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup cashew meal
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup Francesco Rinaldi Traditional No Salt Added Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine beef through pepper. Mix with hands. Press into thin patties and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove "crusts" from oven and divide sauce between them. Add any desired toppings, excluding cheese. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheesy is melted and bubbly.
Happy Valley Chow says
Wow those look incredible! Thank you for sharing, definitely want to try these 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
Shannah Coe says
Thanks! I was really happy with how they turned out.