Ok, I have a confession…I love chips…and salsa…and cheese. Back when I was in high school, my mom started making the perfect thing to satisfy my chip/salsa/cheese craving. It is just called “dip” in our house but it makes it appearance by the vat-ful each and every year (usually several times). Now, sure, everyone and their brother has a queso dip recipe BUT this one is the best. Why? Because my mom made it! Seriously, it is just that good!
There are a lot of New Year’s parties coming up so I thought it would be fun to share the dip recipe with you guys! Usually, my mom makes a double or triple batch but I’ve cut it down to what I consider a single size which still serves a lot!
First, what will you need?
- 1 lb ground beef, ground turkey or ground Italian sausage (even better, mix it up and do some beef/turkey with sausage)
- 2 jars salsa (pick your heat…I usually do one mild + 1 hot)
- 2 jars queso cheese (I prefer Tostitos but any brand will do)
- 1 can Bush’s chili magic Traditional Recipe beans
- 1 can Bush’s Best Chili Beans (pick your heat!)
Ok, now for the instructions. Read on carefully…it’s super hard easy!
- Brown the meat. Drain.
- In a crockpot or large pot, add meat and then dump all the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Heat until hot.
- Serve with chips.
Yeah, couldn’t be easier or tastier! Seriously…make it for your next party and see if people aren’t practically scraping the bowl!
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.