This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are headed back to school soon which means lots of busy nights filled with homework, after school activities and, of course, our regular household chores and activities. Weeknights during the fall are always super busy and so I need fast and easy meals that I know my family will love. These Easy Carnitas Tacos are almost always at the top of our list for taco Tuesday or any night of the week.
These tacos feature Smithfield Marinated Pork and come together in under 30 minutes. Most of that is hands off time, making it easy to multi-task while dinner cooks away. I pick up my Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork at Safeway, on my way home from the office, along with any other ingredients I may need. Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is made from 100% fresh pork with no artificial ingredients. It makes dinner so easy any night of the week because the prep work is done. The pork is slow-marinated and perfectly seasoned in a variety of delicious cuts and flavors so you can get real flavor, real fast.
Ingredient for Easy Carnitas Tacos:
1 Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin
3 Tbsp water
1 avocado, diced
1/3 cup corn kernels
1/3 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/3 cup cubed jicama
Let’s Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut pork into 2 inch chunks. Place in large baking dish. Add water and cover tightly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Shred with two forks.
2. Divide pork between tortillas. Top with avocado, corn, pineapple, jicama, onion and cilantro. Serve warm.
These Easy Carnitas Tacos are ready in under 30 minutes and so full of flavor. It is the perfect solution when you are in a hurry to answer the, “What’s for dinner?” question.
Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is available in a variety of cuts and flavors making it perfect for an easy and delicious meal your family will enjoy any night of the week. Simply roast, sauté, grill or slow-cook the pork to get real flavor, real fast. I always keep Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork on hand because I know I can roast it in the oven for a quick meal that cooks while I am off doing laundry or some other task.
What is your tip for getting real flavor, real fast? Smithfield is challenging readers to submit tips on how you get dinner ready in 30 minutes or less using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork and be entered to win the grand prize! For more 30-minute meal preparation ideas, and to submit your original recipe for a chance to win great prizes, head to Safeway’s fresh meat section to pick up Smithfield Marinated Pork and then visit SmithfieldRealFlavorRealFast.com to enter.
- 1 Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cubed jicama
- Cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut pork into 2 inch chunks. Place in large baking dish. Add water and cover tightly. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Shred with two forks.
- Divide pork between tortillas. Top with avocado, corn, pineapple, jicama, onion and cilantro. Serve warm.
- Note: You can also slow cook the pork on low for 2-3 hours.
Leave a Reply