I am excited to partner with Litehouse to bring you this delicious summer recipe. As always, while this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Everyone needs a quick and easy summer side dish that they can use for just about any event. You can make this easy broccoli slaw salad in as little as five minutes making it perfect even when your schedule doesn’t offer much time for meal prep.
If you are like us, your summer schedule is packed. Between sports events, picnics, holidays and everything else, the last thing I have time to do is make a time consuming dish if we are hosting a BBQ or going to a picnic. This Easy Broccoli Slaw Salad solves that problem because it is ready super fast and tastes amazing!
One of the ways this Easy Broccoli Slaw Salad comes together so quickly is because it uses Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing to provide the creamy dressing that gets mixed with all the crisp vegetables. Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing is made extra thick and creamy with freshly-made mayonnaise that won’t “water out” when added to cabbage or other similar vegetables.
If you want to make a traditional coleslaw, you can simply mix the Litehouse Coleslaw Dressing with a bag of slaw mix and you are good to go. I combine mine with a mix of broccoli, carrots, and radishes for an alternative to standard coleslaw that tastes just as delicious.
My local store carries a pre-mixed version making it extra easy to make this recipe. If your store doesn’t offer it, it only adds just a few minutes to shred the vegetables yourself. And, in addition to a salad, I also use it on top of pulled pork BBQ or even hot dogs for a crunchy, creamy topping that is perfect. I typically split my salad in half before mixing and add the additional ingredients to the half I won’t be using as a topping!
One other way the Litehouse dressing makes summer salads super quick and easy is that they are sold cold so you don’t have to let your salad sit in the refrigerator cooling down. Just toss and go!
If you like this recipe for Easy Broccoli Slaw Salad, be sure to check out these other great recipes featuring Litehouse dressings:
Easy Broccoli Slaw Salad
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 package oriental ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 jar Litehouse Coleslaw dressing
1. Open ramen noodle package and remove seasoning mix. Break noodles into small pieces.
2. In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, ramen noodles, almonds and dressing. Stir to combine well. Refrigerate until ready to eat if not eating right away.
1. If you cannot find broccoli slaw, combine 1 cup shredded broccoli stalks, 2/3 cup shredded carrots and 2/3 cup shredded purple cabbage to create the slaw.
2. You can leave out the ramen noodles and almonds to create a delicious topping for burgers, hot dogs and BBQ sandwiches.