I mentioned here that I had finally gotten around to purchasing a frame for the bunny picture I purchased over a year ago for our playroom. The painting project took a little longer than planned because I ran into a few obstacles along the way.
I had this great natural wood frame I scored for $7.50 that I planned to put white paint on:
My plan was to pull the glass out of the frame to make it really easy to paint the frame itself. That’s when I met my first obstacle…I couldn’t get the glass out of the frame without potential damage to it. So, our came the painter’s tape. I tape around the edges and put on my first coat of primer.
As you can see, I needed a second coat of the primer. After the second coat of primer, I put on the white semi-gloss paint I had for the frame. It’s nothing fancy but does the trick. After I put the paint on (2 coats), I pulled the painters tape off and saw my second obstacle…the paint had bled a little under the tape.
The solution: I grabbed a razor blade and scraped off the extra paint from the glass. Then, we were ready for hanging (well, ready for hanging once the kids aren’t sleeping so we can actually bang on the walls!)
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.