Every month, a group of parents from H’s old preschool get together for a dinner club. It is always a great time and everyone brings really delicious food.
We hosted last month and one of the families brought these super delicious taco cups. Everyone was raving about them. I didn’t think about getting the recipe at the time but decided to try and create them on my own a few days later. These turkey taco cups are sure to be a favorite in your house.
What you’ll need:
– 1 lb ground turkey
– 2 packages low sodium taco seasoning
– 1 cup water
– 1 zucchini, peeled and diced
– 24 wonton wrappers
– shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
Let’s Make It:
1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a large pan, brown the ground turkey. Drain and return to the pan.
3) Add taco seasoning, water and zucchini. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and line with two wonton wrappers per muffin cup.
5) Fill cups with turkey mixture. Top with 2 Tbsp shredded cheese.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until cups are browned on the edges and the cheese is melted.
Do you ever use wonton wrappers for something other than a traditional wonton? I love how versatile they are.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 packages low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 zucchini, peeled and diced
- 24 wonton wrappers
- shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large pan, brown the ground turkey. Drain and return to the pan.
- Add taco seasoning, water and zucchini. Bring to simmer over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and line with two wonton wrappers per muffin cup.
- Fill cups with turkey mixture. Top with 2 Tbsp shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes until cups are browned on the edges and the cheese is melted.
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
YUM! Those look delicious! I’ve been trading ground beef for ground turkey lately, so these are right up my alley!
Hi, Im Kelly! says
looks PERFECT, just pinned thanks!
Oh my! These look AMAZING! I’m so excited to try these this week, thanks so much for sharing!
Debi Bolocofsky says
These look delicious. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party and would love to have you share this with everyone. Here is the link to the party.
Debi @ Adorned From Above
I would love for you to share this (or any of your other great ideas) at the link party going on through tomorrow night at ‘Or so she says …’ Hope to see you there! http://www.oneshetwoshe.com
Sue Boyer says
I love individual serving recipes. Cute. Looks and sounds good.
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.
ve met by chance…but we become friends by choice.
Gayle Boyd says
What a great idea! Sounds yummy!
I love this idea! Anything in a “cup” or muffin form is perfect in our house. Hopped over from Practically Functional.
Jessi @ Practically Functional says
Yum, those look great! Super cute and individual-sized. 🙂
Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!
Katie Drane says
This is such a great idea. Definitely going to try this one!
Eclectically Vintage says
Looks amazing – will definitely be pinning so I can whip these up!
Jessi @ Practically Functional says
Just wanted to let you know I featured this on my blog today! You can check it out and grab a Featured button here: http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/11/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-26/
Anne Kimball says
Hi Shannah, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from the More the Merrier Monday.
These look great: tasty, easy, kid-friendly. What could be better? Definitely trying.
Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…