I finally made it to the store a few days ago to pick up the Rustoleum and masonry paint needed for the project. Quite surprised to have been asked for ID when buying spray paint but maybe that is just showing my home improvement naiveté. With supplies gathered, I set off to start this project figuring I could get the railing piece done in 2 evenings after work…famous last words of course.
The brush was just more efficient at cleaning off the rust so I was able to
speed move along a little faster. I was no match for Mathlete Hubby with the wire brush tool though. He had one entire side done in the time it took me to unload the dishwasher (we were switching off time with Baby E).
Baby E went down for his nap so I headed outside to start the painting on the sanded side. We chose the spray paint version versus the brush on version strictly in the interest of saving time. I was pretty efficient until I ran out of paint forcing me to go to Home Depot looking quite possibly the worst I have ever looked when out in public! I picked up some brush on Rustoleum while I was there too for touch-ups and the lower railings.
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.