I am so excited to partner with Litehouse Dressings to share this perfect pasta salad for summer. While this post is sponsored, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This past weekend was the official kick off to summer for us. No more school until late August. That means tons of visits to the neighborhood pool, lots of picnics and, of course, plenty of BBQs too. Of course, on thing all of those have in common is the need for delicious food that is easy to make and super easy to transport. Right now, our top choice is this easy California cobb pasta salad.
One of the things that makes this California cobb pasta salad so easy and super delicious is that it uses Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing. Litehouse dressings are perfect for any summer salads because they are cold, fresh-tasting, refrigerated dressings versus room temperature ones. Being refrigerated helps this pasta salad come together super fast too because you aren’t having to add extra chilling time due to a room temperature dressing. Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese combines the original bleu cheese dressing recipe with the addition of extra award-winning artisan blue cheese chunks making it perfect this pasta salad!
A traditional California cobb includes chicken but I swapped it out for diced ham so I didn’t have to cook any chicken breast. It made it a little faster and easier. Obviously, feel free to use cooked, diced chicken in place of the ham if you prefer.
Ingredients for California Cobb Pasta Salad:
1 lb corkscrew pasta, cooked al dente and rinsed with cold water
1 1/2 cup diced ham
3 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 red onion, diced
1 tomato, cored and diced
1 cup chopped lettuce
1 1/4 cup Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
Let’s Make It:
1. In a large bowl, combine pasta through tomato. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until 10 minutes before ready to serve.
2. When ready to serve, stir in dressing. Top with avocado and bleu cheese.
This pasta salad is always a huge hit whenever I make it. I love how simple it is to make and all the flavor it gets from the fresh ingredients and Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing. Make sure to look in the refrigerated section of your local supermarket for Litehouse Homestyle Ranch and Chunky Bleu Cheese dressings.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Litehouse Dressing.
- 1 lb corkscrew pasta, cooked al dente and rinsed with cold water
- 1 1/2 cup diced ham
- 3 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 6 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, cored and diced
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 1/4 cup Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- In a large bowl, combine pasta through tomato. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until 10 minutes before ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, stir in dressing. Top with avocado and bleu cheese.